‘Particle 4’ is a hypnotic roller with a menacing bassline and haunting bells. It is one of two tracks by Delicasession taken from the forthcoming ‘Sequential Music: An Alternative Approach For Experimental Minds’ compilation out on 30/03/15.
Back in 2011, Edward De Bono’s book ‘Po’ and Steve Spacek’s album ‘Black Pocket’, inspired the experimental musician, Klis, to create a new and alternative method for writing songs. This vision
gave rise to the limited two track ‘Sequential Music EP’. A copy arrived at Micro Spiral HQ and it intrigued us. We were not aware of anything like it previously, so we wanted to hear more…..
Now in 2015, we present the next chapter. Klis has invited his favourite underground artists to produce tracks using the technique. The results transcend genre, challenge the listener and
showcase an exciting new scene….
It is a wild and over used claim, but we guarantee that you have not heard anything quite like Sequential Music!
02. Delicasession – ‘Never Again’ (Delica / Northern Star) ‐ a welcome return from this production outfit with a slice of experimental and eerie electronica.
03. Kin;Aesthetic – ‘Seqret Sequence’ [Alpha Version] (Kin‐Aesthetic Recordings) ‐ a follow up to his killer Pilote remix. An atmospheric, dubbed out joint that uses sidechain production techniques in an innovative manner.
04.The Unknown Stuntman feat. Clemency Jones – ‘I’m Leavin’ (Sea Quenchin’ Blues)’ (Toothless) ‐ a dose of the blues alongside abstract electronics.
05. Delicasession – ‘Particle 4’ (Delica / Northern Star) ‐ a hypnotic roller with a menacing bassline and haunting bells.
06. Klis – ‘Wubwub’ – taken from the initial ‘Sequential Music’ EP ‐ this is a minimal, rhythmic, sub‐bass cut on a hip-hop tip.
07. Freethos – ‘Get Radikal’ [Sliced‐N‐Diced Dub] (Allowance) ‐ a breakbeat induced rave number to shake the dancefloor with.
08. Klis – ‘Blipper’ – the originator reissues the first ever ‘Sequential Music’ track ‘Blipper’ ‐ a funky beats and bleeps affair.
09. Glass Ark Maniac – ‘Helium Baboon’ ‐ a crazy type of ‘new world music’! His sample heavy track contains elements of ambience, African choirs, trance, Celtic harp, drum & bass, tribal drumming and electronica – and all in under three minutes!
10. Scaling As Karma – ‘Igor’s Jelly Castle’ – closes affairs with its ‘multiple solos’ approach to the composition method. Her resulting track is a melodic ambient journey across the stereoscope which contains a spoken message from a Bulgarian space institute researcher…
Listen to Delta – ‘What’ in full on Spotify now:
Pre-order on Bleep now and get Delta – ‘What’ instantly.
Pre-order on iTunes now and get Delta – ‘What’ instantly.
Massive thank you to Lauren Laverne for closing her BBC6 Music show today with Pilote – ‘Before You Fall Down’ (feat. Dusty Stray) [Kin;Aesthetic’s Hibernation Dub]
We have been wowed by the releases from Kin;Aesthetic for some time now and are very happy to have him feature on this EP.
This remix is on the Pilote – ‘The Slowdown: Epilogue’ EP out now on CD / Digital / Streaming.
Following support from Lauren Laverne, Gideon Coe, Don Letts, Chris Coco, Steve Lamacq, Cerys Matthews and others, Pilote, a.k.a Stuart Cullen returns after 2013’s, ‘The Slowdown’ album. ‘The Slowdown: Epilogue’ is an extended ten track EP featuring remixes from some of today’s finest underground electronic music producers (Kin;Aesthetic, The Unknown Stuntman, Route 24 and Scaramanga Silk), as well as bonus material from the recordings of the original album AND a brand new Pilote tune, exclusive to this release.
When Pilote turned in the original album, he also submitted a number of tracks as additional material. We were faced with quite a dilemma! Initially, we considered releasing a limited edition version of the album with a bonus disc. We also thought about making certain tracks available as digital exclusives. And, of course, we played with the idea of a Japanese version of the album with tracks only available for that territory… But, we decided against all of those things in favour of one version of ‘The Slowdown’, available across all formats and regions. This also meant we could look to do a special EP and add some remixes from our favourite artists too!
The result is ‘The Slowdown: Epilogue’ – an ideal companion piece and follow-up to the original album. The psychedelic-electro-bluegrass-pop explosion continues across tracks like ‘Reverend John’, ‘Shanty’ and ‘When The Romance Been Gone’. However, we are also treated to an exoticly flavoured surprise via ‘Quattro’ as well as a moment of stunning melodic beauty courtesy of ‘Long Knoll’. We also get a glimpse of the future direction for the artist via the new track, the fiddle-fantastic, ‘Catching Matilda’ (featuring Camilla Rose Yuill).
Four remixers were also carefully selected and their tracks take the work of Pilote into far reaching places. The Unknown Stuntman opens the EP with darkness shrouded in words of wisdom before transitioning into a beautiful place, on his remix of ‘The Sixth Street Ramble’. Brighton’s Kin;Aesthetic has been wowing us with his recent releases and continues this with his dub of ‘Before You Fall Down’ (feat. Dusty Stray) as it absorbs electronica, future-folk and deep hynotic ambience. The popular ‘Lesson 51’ is taken on an epic journey via Route 24’s clicky rhythms, spiralling synths and pulsing bassline. Scaramanga Silk closes the EP with an ambient remix of ‘You’re Only As Cold As You Feel’ that sounds like a combination of Four Tet with The KLF’s ‘Chill Out’.
‘The Slowdown: Epilogue’ is an essential extension to the current Pilote sound with twists, surprises, reinterpretations and a sneak peek at what is to follow….
Support for ‘The Slowdown: Epilogue’ has come from:
Nemone (BBC6 Music): ‘The Sixth Street Ramble’ (The Unknown Stuntman Remix)
Gideon Coe (BBC6 Music): ‘You’re Only As Cold As You Feel’ (Scaramanga Silk’s Remix From The Cryonic Chamber)
Tom Ravenscroft (BBC6 Music): ‘Long Knoll’
Formats: CD / Digital Download / Streaming
Listen to the EP in it’s entirety here for a limited time only:
Thank you to Nemone for closing Electric Ladyland with the opening track from Pilote’s – ‘The Slowdown: Epilogue’.
An epic remix from The Unknown Stuntman who adds some darkness and extra wisdom to the folky proceedings….
Following support from Lauren Laverne, Gideon Coe, Don Letts, Chris Coco, Steve Lamacq, Cerys Matthews and others, Pilote, a.k.a Stuart Cullen returns after 2013’s, ‘The Slowdown’ album. ‘The Slowdown: Epilogue’ is an extended ten track EP continuing the psychedelic-electro-bluegrass-pop explosion with bonus material from the recordings of the original album. It additionally features remixes from some of today’s finest underground electronic music producers (Kin;Aesthetic, The Unknown Stuntman, Route 24 and Scaramanga Silk) PLUS a brand new Pilote tune, exclusive to this release.
Release Date: 27/10/13
Cat No: mspiral005
Formats: CD / Digital